Blushed + Beeswax

Blushed Candles Beeswax

Blushed is officially heating up! We will be creating a small line of fragrant candles, with hints of floral, woody, and spicy notes. Before the first scents are revealed, I wanted to share some background on the candles we’ll be creating.

The three most produced candles out there right now are paraffin, soy, and beeswax. You can walk into most retailers and find one, if not all, of these types of candles. I personally, never knew too much about the candles I was purchasing, beyond scent. Well, turns out, there are some important things you should know about the candles you are burning in your home!

Paraffin Candles 
Paraffin candles have been around for quite some time. The wax is known to be pretty versatile, due to it’s varying melting points.  However, paraffin wax is a by-product of the crude oil refinement process, therefore, a petroleum-based wax. Because of this, once burned, paraffin candles can release toxins into the air. 

Soy Candles
Soy candles popped up in the marketplace in the 1990s as a healthier alternative to paraffin candles. I’m hesitant to put soy candles into the “bad” column, but, in the United States, soy candles are considered pure, if they are made up of at least 51% of soy wax. That means, the other 49% can be a number of different toxin releasing agents. So what about 100% soy wax candles? Well, unbeknownst to most consumers, even 100% soy candles in the US are processed with a small amount of paraffin wax!

Beeswax Candles
Beeswax, also known by some as the “original wax” has been around for as long as candles have been around. The wax is a by-product of the honey making process. After the wax is excreted from the bees, it is melted and filtered, with no additives. 

Given all of this information, Blushed Candles will always be made out of 100% beeswax. Beeswax provides so many benefits, while sparing you from the toxins burned off by many other candles.  

So what are some of the benefits of beeswax candles you might ask? Well beeswax is in fact a natural air purifier. When burned, the wax releases negative ions into the air which help pull down positively charged particles, including pollen, dust, dirt, and other pollutants. This means that the junk floating around in the air that you breathe every day, gets pulled to the ground where you can most easily clean it up. Those with allergies, asthma, and sinus problems in particular, can greatly benefit from the use of 100% beeswax candles.

I’ve already tested out a few candles and can’t wait to share them with you!



Make Your Own Natural Beeswax Candles from DIY Natural
Soy vs. Beeswax from Empowered Sustenance 
Candle Making Basics from Candle and Soap

One thought on “Blushed + Beeswax

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>